Friday, June 24, 2011

Shakespeare in the Park

I love free events. Brooke and I got free tickets for Shakespeare in the Park tonight via the online ticket lottery with the NYC Public Theatre. We've been entering for the last three weeks and FINALLY got some for All Is Well That Ends Well. I was excited to go, but I was a little worried I wouldn't like it. I don't think I've ever been so into a Shakespeare play before. The comical and traditional mix of Shakespeare and modern language made for a very entertaining three hours. The actors were so talented and... you may know a couple of them - Reg Rogers and Annie Parisse.

The Delacorte Theatre is nestled in the heart of Central Park. It legitimately felt like I was back home and up at the Leavenworth Summer Theatre in the mountains. It was such a peaceful break from the city.


I hope you realize the risk I took to get this photo. Strictly NO PHOTOS in the theatre, including friends. You want to know how I know this? Later Brooke and I took a photo of us, and a snippy little volunteer stood over me until I deleted the photo... Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment