Saturday, June 11, 2011

Museum of Natural History.Soho.Movie.Toms

Well, we woke up to a rainy day today. So no beach. But it was the perfect day to spend some time inside.

Brooke and I stopped at a little cafe just around the corner for breakfast called Sip. It's a cute little place and they make the best omelet sandwiches. Yum!


New York City subway stations are filled with fun, mosaic art. You'll be seeing more of this.



Afterwards we jumped on the subway and went down to the Museum of Natural History (donation based) and spent about 2 1/2 hours strolling around. You know, Dinosaurs are pretty awesome. Don't argue with me. Cause I know I'm right. We spent at least 75% of the time in dinosaur exhibits. Besides the fact that the museum is donation based, you should also know that there is a "secret" guide if you ask for it. It's a guide for all the different exhibits that are featured in the movie "Night at the Museum". Yep, we're that nerdy. Just ask the sweet little ladies at the information booth at the entrance of the museum. They'll know what you're talking about. Everyone else will just think you're an idiot.


Dum Dum want Gum Gum







After the museum we went to Soho and Canal Street to do some shopping. Canal Street, ladies, is where you get all the guys asking if you want to buy Chanel, Gucci, Loui, etc. knockoffs. It's kind of fun.


After shopping was movie time. We went to the Angelika in Soho and saw "Midnight in Paris". I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! The movie was actually very funny. I just wish I was smarter and knew more about the 1920s so I could catch all the jokes. When I see it again, I'll be prepared!


On our way home tonight we stopped at Toms Restaurant just up the street from our apartment. This is the restaurant used featured in Seinfeld! Delicious milkshakes and fun, welcoming atmosphere.



No comments:

Post a Comment