Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Beautiful Day!!

All I can say is, today's events completely made up for the slightly lame Friday evening.

My roommate Jessica is graduating from Columbia in 3 weeks and has that time to get everything on her bucket list done before she gets married and moves to Hawaii. Running a race in NYC was one she was able to cross off today! She officially entered while our roommate Julia decided to "run rogue" with her in the race. I was in charge of photos, bags and meeting them at the finish line. The race was called Revlon 5K and was for Breast Cancer. During the opening ceremonies we saw Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel and Jimmy Fallon. (Wooo!) It was reported that over 25,000 people participated in the race. It was crazy! After the race started I rode the subway up to meet the girls at the finish line.

Jessica and I - That's Jessica Alba behind us...

Julia and Jessica

The 5K ended in Central park so we passed by the John Lennon memorial and the Bethesda Fountain on our way out.


The Bethesda Fountain

After we got home and got ready for the day, we headed over to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens to the Cherry Blossom Festival. It was absolutely GORGEOUS outside! Perfect day for a trip to the gardens. The flowers were incredible and the smell was amazing.

Yumm.... :)

Gorgeous Tulips!

Jessica, Julia and I

After a wonderful day at the Revlon 5K, the park and the gardens, we took a detour on the way home and did some much needed therapeutic shopping on the East Side. I have never been there before! It was really interesting the difference between the neighborhoods on either side of the park. The West Side, where I live, is more relaxed and family-friendly. The East Side... how can I describe it... stuffy? Sure. Just a little more... uptight I guess. I'm happy where I am.

It was a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment