Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21 - I'm glad the world didn't end..

Well, I have to say that I'm glad the world didn't end! I was worried it was actually doomsday and I wouldn't get to have a last Saturday night of fun! (She says sarcastically...) So, just a quick overview of today's events...

My roommate Brooke and I woke up early this morning, threw on shorts and flip flops, and hurried downtown to get tickets for a Broadway show that evening. We tried five different shows before we finally found available tickets at "Baby it's You" for the 8 p.m. showing. On our way home we stopped and got bagels and cream cheese for lunch at Absolute Bagels which is just a couple blocks from our apartment. DELISH!


OK, I have to say, I've never had a better bagel. Check it out!

After going home and quickly getting ready, we headed over to the Brooklyn Flea Market for the afternoon. I was way impressed! Brooklyn is a cute place and the flea market was STOCKED with fun things to see.





These were old typewriter keys made into rings... and they were also lockets too!

Brooke and I obviously got caught up in an eyewear extravaganza...

Professor Trelawney?





On our way out of the market a couple hours later, we stopped at one of the food stands called "Dough" - a doughnut shop.


We made it home around 5 p.m., took a quick nap, got ready and headed downtown to meet our friend Nick and to see our show! "Baby it's You" was actually pretty good. I didn't like it quite as much as Memphis or Wicked, but the music was great.

Nick, Brooke and I

Brooke and I

After the show and much debate, we decided to go have a late dinner. We ended up eating at this AMAZING little Moroccan restaurant in the East Village called Cafe Mogador. Can I just say, I'm kind of in love with falafels and couscous.



No comments:

Post a Comment